Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Tumultuous Torn T-Shirts

I love creating new things from old things that no longer serve their purpose. Marquette and I were just talking about that Saturday when we had a Pinstrositeers Day (it had been WAY too long). You all will get to see our creations from the weekend in Thursday's post!
I am super excited to show y'all what we made!
 
Well Nikki tried just that, making something new and fabulous out of something old and icky. Hers didn't end well however, check it out!
 
The Original
 
Unfortunately, the website is in German. I don't speak German (although I wish I did, anyone want to online tutor an awkward Irish lady?!). I tried Google translate but there are always going to be some language inconsistencies, the instructions were pretty close to exactly what the picture shows though. I should also add that the original blog had a few variations on this shirt and Nikki's is kind of a combination of them.  Here is Nikki's version!
 
The Pinstrosity
So what happened here?
 
I think the main problem here is that her first cuts weren't long enough, that would be step number 3 on the tutorial picture. Other than that I think it looks a little off center but not so much that I wouldn't wear it. If she were to try this again and correct those two problems I think she would end up with something much closer to the original picture, and hopefully something she would be happy with. With that being said I think this is cute, it's a little detail and she could even wear this without an undershirt because it's not too revealing and I think it would look cool and cute for a fun summer shirt! But that is just my personal opinion.
 
Anyone have any extra tips for Nikki?!
Let us know below!
Happy Wednesday Pinstrosipeeps!
I'm off to work on a special post we have for tomorrow! It's a joint post! I don't think we have done that before so stay tuned!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment